Coenzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone 10, the Q represents quinonyl group, 10 represents the amount of isoprene attached to its rear. Coenzyme Q10 is a fat soluble quinone which exists in all aerobic respiration eukaryote. It shares the similar structure with Vitamin K and Vitamin E as well as plastid quinone.Coenzyme Q10 is solid and with yellow or orange color,not soluble in water but can be decomposed easily by sunlight.Temperature and humidity has little influence on it.Coenzyme Q10 mainly functions in two ways:1 is to engage in the energy production and activation in cell.2 is to inhibit the lipid peroxidation.
Related articles: 6 Foods High in Coenzyme Q10
Common use of Coenzyme Q10
1.Widly used in the nutrition supplement
2.In skin care product
Efficacy of Coenzyme Q10
Coenzyme Q10 helps with improvement the fatigue after physical activity and energy restore .
1. It helps to improve the function of the vascular endothelium, helps to maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, and maintains smooth flow of blood vessels.
2. The loss of coenzyme Q10 may result in the ageing of skin. Coenzyme Q10 can be taken by mouth to improve the energy metabolism and remove the free radicals and delay wrinkling.
3. Coenzyme Q10 has obvious effects in enhancing immunity and relieving periodontal problems and gum pain.
Applicable group of Coenzyme Q10
Most people can properly supplement coenzyme Q10 .The coenzyme Q10 will gradually loss in the process of ageing.As a result, people over 40 is suggested to take an appropriate amount of coenzyme Q10 supplement .The appropriate daily amount of coenzyme Q10 should be 60-100mg for an adult.
However, the following group should avoid taking coenzyme Q10 products:
1.Pregnant or lactating women
2.People taking warfarin as treatment
3.People under 15 years old.
4.People accustomed to taking coenzyme Q10 whenever they feel upset and weak.
Main sources of coenzyme Q10
Coenzyme Q10 can be absorbed from food and can also be produced in human body. Some plants, nuts and animal foods are rich in coenzyme Q10. Unluckily cooking with high heat will damage coenzyme Q10.
Food provides abundant coenzyme Q10
- Pork liver
- Pork tendon
- Scapula meat
- Golden Kiwi Fruit
- Snow peas
- Lotus root
Recommended Coenzyme Q10 health care product
- Kirkland Signature – Coenzyme Q10 100mg 300 Capsules
- Webber Naturals - Ubiquinol 100mg 100 softgels
- Webber Naturals - Omega-3 & Q10 w/ Plant Sterols | 200 softgels